Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Power of Now

I wrestle with post traumatic stress.  The type of condition I have is potentially fatal if anxiety rises too high.  You may well imagine that I have researched with passionate intensity the art of relaxation.  I invite you to join me in a quiet moment and clear your mind of anything that may be weighing on it.  Take a moment and let the earth stand still. The outside world will be there when you get there but for this one moment, don't hold onto anything.  You don't need to do so.  Imagine yourself surrounded by warm, gentle light and breathe it into every inch of your body from your toes to the crown of your head.  Deeply breathe out any tension or anxiety that still lingers in your body and expel all the air from your lungs.  Continue breathing like this for a few more moments.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment