Sunday, April 29, 2012

An App for Happiness

I am sure none of my gentle readers have ever done this, but I have found myself in moments of stress booting up my laptop and hitting my favorite websites in search of something.  Heaven only knows what it is I want - an end to the issues in my life, perhaps.  Perhaps it is that I feel empty inside and am looking for something to give me answers.  Or I think often I am looking for happiness in general.

Whatever the case, I think I may safely announce that such fulfillment is not to be found in any of my four email inboxes, CNN, facebook, blogger, or 750words.com.  So if you are in the same predicament, I assure you, you can skip those sites.  It isn't there.  I haven't tried to google "answers" or "happiness" yet but I am pretty sure I know the result already.  Wikipedia will give me the definition and I'm on my own from there.

Here's a wild idea for you and for me.  Turn off the computer.  Put away the smart phone.  Walk away from your blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry or wildberry for a little while.  Go plant a garden of vegetables instead.  Go lift weights or take a walk.  If you really want to live on the edge, sit down and have a one on one chat with someone you love.  Pray.  If you are of an artistic turn, rekindle your passion for such talents and practice.  Kiss someone (and if you really want an interesting experience, do it to a perfect stranger).  Go do something human and then please drop me a comment or email me at etherealliving@yahoo.com and tell me about it.  Then I really will have an answer to a searching question in my inbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment