Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beneath the Surface Part II

As I expected, I have encountered some outrage in regard to my previous post on this matter.  Have I no standards?  Let me explain how I reconcile the idea of marrying outside of a personal faith. 

I know for a fact that my religion is true.  I have no shadow of a doubt that it reigns in the heavens.  There is not the smallest consideration of anything otherwise in my mind.  That is how I know that if a person is a good person, with love for God and a passionate desire toward righteousness they will eventually come into the faith to which I belong.  There is no other option because my religion is indeed the true, honest, and sure one authorized by God.  If a person has humility before God, I know therefore that they will at some point believe as I do.  Call me a bigot if you will, but I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -Day Saints is the church of which God approves.  Period.  It may take months, years, or, as my religion teaches, they may convert after this life is over.  But if we are upstanding and have good desires toward God we will at some point come to a common ground and be perfectly reconciled in Christ. 

4 comments:

  1. I have shared with you in a past post that I have experienced a number of religions and I am not proud of that fact. At this point in my personal life I read your words and that of your sister and both of you minister to me. I also have a Catholic friend that has touched me. Basically I wish I was a settled person like some I have known that have been in 1 church for all their life. Pray for us Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I pray for you. I have many friends like you, and some others who are of other faiths whose goodness and kindness touch my life every day and for whom I will always be grateful.

      Delete
  2. I, for one, would like to know who expressed outrage? Gossip can be fun. :)

    I really appreciated the points you made in the first Beneath The Surface. I was surprised to read them from you. Pleasantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, there are better things to do than gossip. I am glad you appreciated them. I have felt that way about marriage and the like since I was a young child.

    ReplyDelete