Sunday, April 8, 2012

When I Went to Galilee (Seriously)

I hope you are having a beautiful and blessed Easter!  In the interest of the season I decided to step out of my normal programing and relate some of what I experienced when I toured Israel before my senior year of high school.

I saw all the major places of which we have read in the Holy Bible including Jerusalem, Jericho, the Mount of Transfiguration, the Dead Sea, Bethlehem and the like.  I walked along the path that tradition maintains Jesus trod on His way to Calvary.  I visited His tomb, touched the star of the ground where He was born and stepped into the Garden of Gethsemane.  But there was one moment that was peaceful and calm, which I particularly treasure because I hopefully was able to do some good.

We had been traveling in a tour bus for many days when the guide approached me, indicating that he had heard that I had a beautiful singing voice.  He asked me to take the microphone and entertain the company on our way to the Sea of Galilee.  I pondered what to sing and the answer came immediately.  I sang about Jesus.  I sang as we crested a beautiful green hill that overlooked the calm, glistening waters of that historic sea.  There was a feeling of peace and beauty that permeated the landscape and the quiet power of the area overwhelmed us all.  We ate fish on the banks and basked in the tranquil spirit that reigned there.  I have the humbling honor to report that many thanked me for my performance and indicated that at least in part because of it the had determined to return to their respective churches, which apparently they had ceased attending.

If you care to hear me sing about Jesus you can find me on youtube.com under the channel name TheClassicalVoice.  

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Songs about God are so inspiring and it is great you helped people that day through the gift God gave you. When I went on a tour of Mexico, the bus driver sang local songs and I've never forgotten how lovely it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 3 songs on youtube were so moving and touched me Michelle. You do have a beautiful voice. Thank you for blessing us with it today.

    ReplyDelete