Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Go Ahead - Rekindle an Old Flame!

Most people who know me generally consider me a very chaste, straightarrow human being.  So I generally appear.  But you see, with the stress of raising two children, handling a executive job, caring for a home and the like, I found it necessary to rekindle a passionate relationship with a man I once knew a long, long time ago.  His name is Boz.

I met him in a high school English class.  My teacher, Mrs. Bethany Oder introduced us and from the first moment we were inseperable.  We spent many late hours together alone in my room, even into the morning.  He was often the first thought when I woke.  But then we drifted apart.  I attended college and didn't have all the time I wanted to spend with my dear, exquisite Boz.  I met new wonderful men named Nate, "Dan", and a fella I like to call "Mel." 

But as I teach my children to be intelligent, morally upstanding human beings, I see I need the aid of my precious Boz.  So I taught them about him.  You might have heard of him as well, but probably by the name of Charles.  Charles Dickens.  Literary fame first knew him as Boz.  Don't think I have neglected Nathaniel Hawthorne, Dante Alighieri, or Herman Melville, the author of Moby Dick.  Hardly.  But in the hurried bustle of deadlines, and the general stress of life sometimes we need to take a step backward and fall in love all over again with things that inspired us in our youth.  It keeps our minds relaxed and often places the stresses of life in perspective.  And then when we come away from our impassioned inspiration we do so with a greater sense of purpose and freedom and meet the challenges and duties pressing on our shoulders with renewed strength.  So go ahead and rekindle an old flame today!

No comments:

Post a Comment