Sunday, May 6, 2012

Walk Like You Own the Place

Last year I entered a situation that proved, beyond annoying, rather a learning experience.  I work out frequently and in entering the gym I would often find a group of anywhere from two to five muscular male gym rats loitering at the entrance, waiting to ask me out. 

First, let me explain something.  I hate it when men hit on me.  It's one of my ultimate passionate hatreds.  So I had already informed these boys the answer was unalterably no, wore fully modest gym clothes and avoided eye contact.  I remember getting a sick feeling in my stomach when I was near them and for this reason I straightened my shoulders and walked with a kind of "you can't frighten me" sort of expression.  Thus, I was surprised that they proved so incessant.  With all the scantily clad women in the building I couldn't understand their undying interest.  Imagine my surprise when they told me that what attracted them first and foremost is that I walked like I owned the place. 

Ladies and gentlemen, you do own the place.  You are a child of God and He loves you.  He owns the place and He doesn't want you selling your body to those who will disrespect it.  Dress with dignity, protect the body He has given you and you will naturally walk as though you own the place as well.  Realize that you don't have to be cheaper than the next person in order to get a date and confidence will naturally radiate in your expression.  And people are drawn to that.  You will have a scandalous amount of admirers at your feet and your job will be to decide which one is amazing enough to be your one and only true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment