Thursday, October 30, 2014

Darkened Raven



*Thought I would post this just for fun.  I wrote it some time ago in conjunction to studying Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven.  Those who know my cousin Eddie will not be surprised to hear that he was my inspiration and model for this brief stanza.  We have a very interesting, amusing relationship that leaves the rest of the family scratching their heads.  As our mutual cousin Rosalina once told us, "When I was little I used to listen to your conversations and I couldn't understand what you two were talking about.  Now that I've grown up...I still can't figure out what you guys are talking about."  Happy Halloween, everyone!

Art and passion prove the fire, lead the conflagration higher
Ever swelling, never tire that provides your wisdom bright.
Hard pressed moon’s glow shows the pathway, bathes your feet in beams of dark grey
Ever wander but do not stray, in this blanket of the night.
In this all consuming darkness and the grayish shades of night.
Look thou upward into light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment