Sunday, January 25, 2015

Curves and Junk

My favorite Zumba class features an amazing teacher and occasionally a song with the repeated lyrics, "All the right junk in all the right places."  Ooo la la, right?  I'm going to be the dissenting voice here, but if you have ever read any of my posts, gentle reader, you probably aren't surprised.  

Call me a picky English major if you will, but I love language and it is incredibly important to me.  As a human and an intensely feeling woman, sex is also extremely important to me.  So it stands to reason that if you want fabulous sex, you use fabulous words.  Unfortunately, I often hear the words, "dirty," "naughty," "punish," and the like used in terms of sexual intercourse.  Think about this for a second.  Does it make sense?  Is that really what you want?  The way we describe sex and our own bodies is in one sense a reflection of how we see it and ourselves and in another sense it illustrates which direction we are headed.  Forgive my outrageous, outlandish arrogance but I eat healthily, work out regularly and, ummm (looks down) this body ain't exactly junk.  I have known one man who in a conversation described sex as "bliss."  He expressed the word with such delicious conviction and with such an ear to ear grin it was impossible not to wonder what amazing secrets he had up his sleeve.  He also enjoyed using the words "good thoughts" in reference to sensual fantasies and had a tendency to lean on the word "glorious" in general conversation. 

Let me tell you a little bit about his love life.  His wife is so hung up on him, their relationship is so strong and they each individually strive to follow God's commandments that their sexual relationship is the craziest I have ever heard of, and it is in many ways also the best.  Literally, all she has to do is think of his broad shoulders and almost immediately she is all but crying out in sensual ecstasy.  He doesn't even have to be in the room!  The mere thought of being with him overpowers her senses completely.  She feels herself totally all his and despises the foul idea of any other guy laying a finger on her.  Ladies, how would you like a guy who could inspire that in you?  Brethren, how would you like the woman you loved to feel that way about you?  Both are devoted to God and it is evident that He has helped this relationship reach the point it has.  I fully believe no relationship can be what this couple has except it be through the power of God.  It was He who brought them together against all odds.  It might seem strange to include God in our relationships and the like, but since He understands...bliss...better than any of us do, it seems to me to make perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment