Thursday, March 5, 2015

Monster at the Mountainside



Rough, darkened blaze lashed at my feet
I walked through tortured earth
Surrendering my vanished hopes,
Accepting hellish dearth. 

I strode like one from nightmare’s grasp
Who struggles in her sleep
In darkened, bound, benighted chains
Pinned to a mountain steep

There, one great monster o’er the sky
Guards jealously his spoil,
Proclaiming dev’lish, sinful right
Around my body coil

His blandish weapons, tightened harsh
Against my aching skin.
I struggle hard to no avail
He strives to enter in

My flesh and keep me his own prize
I fight but all in vain.
Is all life lost?  I wonder, ill,
Confus├ęd from the pain.

I plead for mercy, God above
Lends strength but not rescue.
Here still I pray and fight my best
Against the dismal hue

Of blackened soul who holds me fast
Within his tightened grip.
I strive for rest, I look for sign
Of iron hands to rip.

But still no light appears before
My weary, weakened eyes
In hope despaired, love bows its head
In anguished pain and cries.


No comments:

Post a Comment