Thursday, May 14, 2015

Blessings and Blueberries

Blueberries are important in my life.  Truly.  
 
When I hold a fresh blueberry in my hand I experience a sense of luxury and freedom I rarely have in any other situation.  The mighty little berry brings a feeling of bliss and peace to my soul and when I bite down on it the flavor reminds me that in spite of all the difficulties in life, the world still holds beauty and joy.  It reminds me of God's mercy and His love for His children.  It reminds me of heaven and the exquisite power of the Lord to create magnificent things.  It recalls to my mind that God loves me and is willing to give me absolutely wonderful things.  It makes me feel light, like His beautiful creation and like I am a beloved daughter of God.

Yesterday I mentally turned into a spoiled little five year old with two boxes worth of my little blue friends.  This time of year proves so wonderful to me because all my favorites go on sale - mangoes, apricots, watermelon and yes, my dear companion of the garden variety, the blueberry.  Immediately after purchasing five boxes worth I rinsed one off and proceeded to munch to my heart's content all the way home.  By the time I turned onto my street I was smiling and giggling with reckless abandon, feeling spoiled and snuggly like a baby with her teddy bear.  The taste had driven away any stress from my mind, any difficulties I might have been experiencing and replaced it with a safe and glorious sense of contentment. 

Sometimes it's just the little things, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment