Sunday, September 27, 2015

Your Moment to be Happy

Every month members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have the opportunity to step up to the pulpit and share a brief testimony and declaration of faith with the congregation.  Today was one such day and I felt much impressed that the Lord would have me share a message with those around me.  I feel to share it again to my gentle readers.
 
This morning I found myself physically ill from stress and indeed for days have been taking vitamins and resting as much as possible to stave off fever and worse symptoms than I already enjoy.  Nevertheless, I stood at the pulpit and bore my witness that this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ, is a gospel of happiness and peace.  We often look forward to eternity as a thing which begins after this lifetime but in truth our eternity is now and this moment we have a choice to be happy.  No matter what is happening in our lives, we can be happy now. We do not have to procrastinate our joy until everything is going perfectly in our lives - now is our moment of happiness.  I bore my testimony that I not only know that God exists, but through prayer and staying close to Him through both heartache and blessings, I have come to better know Him.  The Savior Jesus Christ is my confidante and the best friend that any of us will ever have. 
 
I know that no matter what is happening in our lives, no matter what difficulties swirl around us, we can choose to be happy.  Not when trials abate, but right now.  May all of us find joy and peace in our lives right now, this moment and always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment