Sunday, October 18, 2015

Armageddon

The ground seemed to tremble in anticipation as my brother and I stood gazing outward into the Valley of Armageddon. He does not profess any religion but I recall he said on that occasion that one could feel the power of that place and certainly could not deny that something earth shattering would one day transpire on that now peaceful and beautiful terrain.  I couldn't help but agree and we remained in unified silence, consumed by the spiritual magnitude of this display.
 
Recently I have witnessed another kind of Armageddon, but instead of a beautiful field it has taken shape in the events of several lives.  Long years have carried with them many misdeeds, overwhelming and to a great extent unrepentant.  I have watched, prayed, pleaded and sacrificed to help people draw nigh to Christ only to find their behavior abusive toward me and irreverent to say the least before God.  These people have repeatedly and maliciously conspired against me while I have attempted to exercise patience, kindness, long suffering and charity toward them.  But finally their day has come.  They dug a deep pit in which to throw me and I find them tripping over their own feet and falling into it, and none can save them.  This band were united in hatred toward me and now their own malcontent has turned them to destroy and feed upon each other, and though I would prove Christlike if I could, their own behavior has so tightly bound my hands that I cannot reach out and help sufficiently to save in their much needed spiritual rescue. 
 
There is something profound in watching those who have injured you and sought to injure God finally hit rock bottom and have to live or die with the consequences of their own behavior, especially if you, like me, have given your all to forgive and uplift them.  I think to exclaim as Mormon did near the end of his life as he turned painful eyes upon the massacred of his people, "Oh ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you! Behold, if you had not done this, ye would not have fallen...but behold, you are gone and my sorrows cannot bring your return...O that ye had repented before this great destruction had come upon you.  But behold, ye are gone, and the Father, yea, the Eternal Father of heaven, knoweth your state; and He doeth with you according to His justice and mercy." 
 
My gentle reader, I cannot urge you enough to lay down your sins today!  Lay them down and forsake them every day!  Many of us look toward the future with fear and trembling for the events prophesied in the Bible concerning the last day and its horrors.  Awake, for it is already upon you. It may not come in the form of nation fighting against nation, but a man or woman's life may be torn apart, come unglued, and find itself in ruin without the media batting an eye or those they thought friends and partners in devilish schemes caring in the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment